Friday, February 27, 2009

It was Only a matter of time...



The fort we made this morning which i mention below! I have no idea how to get my pictures to go where i want them too!!



Her pretty blue stitches



So happy about having a butterfly bandaid




this is in the emergency room, she wanted to see the picture and when she did she started freaking out so i couldn't take another one that would show her wound better.
Janae took a dive off the couch the other day and landed right on her chin on the hardwood floor. So after a few phone calls the inlaws drove over and stayed with Camryn til John could get home from work while i took Janae to the emergency. She split her chin pretty deep from falling off the couch and i was sure it needed stitches. I don't panic in these situations I do cry and i have no idea why cause it's not the end of the world. I do know this time part of my crying had to do with the fact that i knew she would need stitches i would need to hold her down and listen to her scream. We went to our brand new hospital here in Abbotsford where they kindly gave me a list of walk in clinics as they said the wait woudl be at least 3 hours long. I debated on what to do cause i really don't like walk in clinics but i also didn't want to sit there for 3 hours. So I decided to leave and try a walk in clinic(i phoned from the hospital to make sure the doctor on call could stitch her up if she need to be) We didn't have to wait long and sure enough she needed to stitches. Janae did really well considering he was shoving a needed directly into the wound from four different angles. I was able to hold her in my lap for this but for him to do the stitches we had to lay her down and when i say we I mean me the doctor stitching her and a nurse. It was pretty bad. So she has her two stitches which come out on Monday assuming i will be able to get her to the doctor!! she already said she is going to wait til the string just fall out!!!! Surprisingly she slept through the night which she has not done in AGES! i guess all that cryingi from like 2-6 wore her out. She doesn't complain it hurts unless she bumps it by accident and is now just complaining that it itches. Its pretty purple and gross looking but we keep a bandid on it. Here are some pictures.
Today was an interesting day! Both girls have had attitudes and behavior issues and I am surprised i still have hair left because i felt like ripping it out. Camryn is picking up on all Janae's wonderful behaviors and it is freaking me out! She has started pinching and it hurts like crazy but she doens't stop no matter what you do, we've tried the ' that hurts" and put her down, time out, slap of the hand and the slight pinch to show her it hurts and she still does it. And just yesterday she started the hair pulling. I really hope she stops she is my easy content child but she is turning into a little monster!!! I am just hoping it is a short phase that doens't last too long. To try and help the girls play together and maybe illiminate some problem we built a huge fort in the living room and it was all fun and games for about 15 minutes before Janae claimed the fort hers and no one was allowed to come in.
Tomorrow we are celebrating Janae's 3rd birthday early as John's parents are leaving for Paraguay on Sunday and will be gone over Janae's real birthday so I should go I have a princess cake to make!!!

2 comments:

Trish Mathison said...

When I was a kid I needed stiches on my lip and I refused to get them taken out so my parents took them out when I was sleeping. I didn't wake up. Maybe try that!

Trish Mathison said...

When I was a kid I needed stiches on my lip and I refused to get them taken out so my parents took them out when I was sleeping. I didn't wake up. Maybe try that!