Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!!


This week Janae went to preschool Monday and Tuesday from 1-2:30pm and did fantastic. No anxieties about it just excitement. So excited about this next step that she doesn't even say bye to me before she runs into her class:( Make me a little sad that she is adjusting so well but am also super glad she is as it would be so hard to leave her if I new she didn't want to be there!
Today is her first full day. She was beaming from ear to ear as she waited outside her classroom. Because of my latest pregnancy condition (pelvic stabilization pain) I can not walk Janae the 5 minutes to school because the hill literally kills me. So in order for me to get a parking spot near her classroom we leave a good 20 minutes early and hang around:) Janae came home all excited about her day. She's funny in that every day she has come home she talks about all the kids who weren't listening and how the teacher was getting so frustrated. Janae said, " these kids are unbelievable!!" Today she had a similar story where she said, " the teacher had a grumpy day, she had to ask some kids if she needed to yell at them or not cause they were not listening" Thankfully I don't have to worry that Janae is one of those kids, she is always so well behaved for others (not always for me). She said she did go through periods of the day where she wasn't sure she wanted to be there as it felt very long and she misses preschool but overall she was totally fine. I am sure once everyone gets in the swing of things the program will include more academics and structure which might help the day not feel so long. Janae isn't a huge free play kind of person she'd rather be told to do a work book or activity then to just play:) Anyways it's been a relief for me that she is so excited and is adjusting well, I hope it will continue.
My biggest fear was that Janae would have a hard time making friends as she tends to be shy and reserved among strangers but that isn't the case. Apparently today she had two girls wanting to play with her and Janae said, " I didn't want to have to chose so I just played by myself" How sweet is that:) Of course I gave her ideas for next time on how to figure that problem out:)

Camryn also had her first day of preschool and SHOOT I forgot to take a picture ( i will on friday) she was super excited to leave me and do this all by herself. It is very rare that Camryn gets to do things on her own as she usually has Janae with her so this was something new for her. I was a little concerned in summer that she was feeling anxious about preschool but I no longer worry as she is doing great!! I have never heard her talk so much in the car. I guess she finally didn't have to compete with Janae but also she finally had something to tell me that I didn't already know. She is already counting the sleeps till the next preschool days.
She is having a hard time understanding when she will be 4. We did a half birthday in summer so every day she asks if she is 4 yet. And because we always said "You will go to preschool when you are 4" she thought today she was 4. Oh well she'll figure it out once her birthday comes I guess!!

I am doing fine, I know I mentioned some uncomfortable pain I am having, doctor just says to be careful but it is something I will have the rest of the pregnancy!! Just praying it doesn't get worse:(


1 comment:

that's us... said...

i'm glad your girls are loving their new school experiences! praying that you don't have increased pain christy!