Thursday, March 6, 2008

post overload today!

Ok so i need some help from an expert blogger. I have put names of people on the side so that people can go from my site to one of my friends. I thought i downloaded their information right but when you click on it an error pops up. What address do i type to get to them. I originally went to a persons site adn copied the address a nd then pasted it into the section it thought i was suppose to but that obviously didn't work. Can someone walk me throug it quick?!Please!

4 comments:

meandthreeboys said...

On your dashboard, go to the layout page.
Click on Add a Page Element
Click on Add to Blog under the link list
Title it whatever you want
In New Site URL put in the address of the person you want to add to your list and make sure you only have the http:// part once! So it will look like this http://jefremows.blogspot.com/
Then you can put the name of the person in the New Site Name part.
Then hit the add link button and you can add another one.
Do that until you're done and then hit Save Changes and voila! you have a link list.

If that doesn't explain it to you well enough, then I can always come over and show you.

I'd like to finish reading your posts today, but I really need to work on getting supper ready. Besides, I've got a grumpy little boy that's demanding attention right now!

Heather said...

ya - the problem with your links is that the http:// part is on there 2 times - so the link wont work. So - I can't remember exactly how it works...but if you dont add that part then your links should be great!

hope that helps ?!

Rina said...

Aw man sorry I didn't catch this in time to give you a hand!! Sounds like you got it covered though!

Heather said...

yay - it worked! good job :)