Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Janae!!


Janae Elizabeth Grace arrived at 9:23am March 22. She was two weeks early and weighed 8pounds 4oz. I had told my cousins earlier that day at lunch that i was going to have my baby that night and they said there is no way as first time moms never go early!!

First family picture. I think i look pretty good for having been up all night and pushing for three solid hours.




Oh my word time flies!! My little baby is turning 3 tomorrow and it makes me sad. It has been a fun, exciting and challenging year with Janae. She is her own special little person. She is strong willed, determined and incredibly smart which equals TROUBLE!! Of course there were many days this year i wanted to rip my hair out of my head and scream but they are over shadowed by the sincere, caring and kind littel girl that is in there but only appears at random times. She has grown huge physically and I think is now the tallest of her friends. She speaks like a grown up most of the time and has learned how to negotiate. She also has learned how to buckle herself into her carseat, unlock the front door, climb in and out of the bathtub, lock and unlock the bathroom door, and her first stitches!. She also recieved an early birthday gift and has learned how to ride her new bike. She has become MORE attached to me then before. And i mean attached, she wakes up each morning asking if i am staying with her all day. If i am going somewhere it is talked about all day and when I do leave she cries and panics. It feels good that she wants me but I need to get out here and there so I can regroup and refocus. Janae basically potty trained her self this year as well as gave up her soother all on her own. We are slowly working on wearing panties for bed! Janae loves to sing and love going ons tage with her dad to worship even if i tell her to come down! She is just a very outgoing energetic child who has goals and a strong determination and I hope and pray that as she gets older she uses these gifts to become whatever she wants to be. She is a great sister to Camryn for most of the time and is learning how to say things in a nice manner and "teach" camryn rather then boss her.

Janae, you are a beautiful little girl that God gave to Daddy and I three years ago. We could not have asked for a better daughter. We are excited to see what you will learn this year and what you will experience. We wish you a very happy birthday and love you very much.

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

Cool cake Christy!!! Did you make it??? I love it!