Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jack O' Lanterns and Family

So tonight i invited my sister Sonja and her family over (Dan, Brooke, Devyn and Marshall) and my mom and sister in law jackie as well as John and Hilary(john's sister) and their girl Nicole for a evening of pumpkin carving and dinner. I love to entertain and just don't do it enough. With kids it is kind of hard to do it as you never know what kind of day you will have so i don't like to plan things in advance in case it isn't a good day. But i did plan this event last night and was very excited about it. The girls woke up at 6am which kind of threw the day off a bit for me cause when Camryn wakes up before 7:30 she has to have a nap in the morning so that means we have to be at home all morning. Anyways i jsut took janae out ot do the grocery shopping and get last minute items for tonight. When I got back we all packed up and went to the brand new Abbotsford Recreational Center for it's kick off. There was free hotdogs, cotton candy, popcorn. sushi, sandwiches snacks and this massive cupcake cake! It was soooo crowded in there you really had a hard time moving especially with your stroller and people are seriously rude and inconciderate. Anyways after we had a look we came home for nap time and to prepare the house for the fam. Everyone arrived around 4 and we carved pumpkins. I made a very fancy dinner of farmer sausage on a bun and hotdogs!(I usaully do a bigger spread and little fancier then that but with the pumpkin carving at the dinner table it was too much to do that!) I also made a cake that I decorated to look like a pumpkin, silly me didnt take any pics but i know my sister did so i will have to steal that pic from her. The kids all played nicely together and the evening went by really fast with no problems and i think every one enjoyed themselves! So that was my very busy saturday. Tomorrow is another very busy day. we have the usually church in the morning adn then at 12 we are meeting for family pics. we are hoping camryn wont' want to go for a nap til 1?!! Sundays are the worst day for routines so you never know what time would be a good time. And then for dinner we are going ot my sister inlaws for my niece Nicoles 15th birthday party. So a lot again tomorrow. So there you have my weekend in a nut shell. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend as well.




3 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a great day! Someone has awesome pumpkin carving skills.

christy said...

well the kitty cat i did with a template, and it was sooo easy. I think the leaf one is really cool, my sister inlaw did that one and she just scratched enough of the pumpkin for the candle to glow through, she;s creative!

Irene said...

Way to go on the entertaining. Its never about what you serve just enjoy having poeple over. Its so good to hear it still happens as it seems everyone is "too Busy"
Good job on the pumkin carving!